Sunday, August 17, 2008

Long time, no blog........

What to say? So much has happened lately that I almost don't know where (or when) to start. I suppose the biggest thing is that my mother passed away almost a month ago. I won't say much about it--mainly because I just don't know what to say, and it's very difficult for me to talk about. My feelings about the whole situation are difficult, and they're almost impossible to explain in any coherent fashion to anyone else. Right now, I'm dealing with it--sometimes in my own way, and sometimes I'm refusing to deal with it, whatever that means.

Otherwise, my life has been basically school and work, with quite a bit of baseball and tons of music thrown in for stress relief. I just finished my classwork for summer about 10 days ago, and fall semester starts again in 2 days. I don't feel like I got any sort of break at all, and for the first time in a very long time, I'm just not ready to start the school grind again so soon, but I have no choice, really. Hopefully, it will be better once I actually get into the routine again. I'm not holding my breath, though.

Baseball--My Twins are swinging between #1 and #2 in the AL Central and my Rays are solidly #1 in the AL East. They're both doing so well that my biggest fear at this point is that I'm going to have to watch them battle it out with each other in the playoffs. Ouch! I wouldn't want either of them to lose!

I've said it before, and I'll likely say it again. MATT GARZA!!!!! The Twins were crazy to let him go--he's got a passion for this game that's extraordinary, and the skills to back it up. He may only be 24, but look what he can already do! I'm gonna be watching him for years--the guy's electric. I plan on being there the day he's elected into the Hall of Fame. Not that I think he'd ever read this, but, just in case---Mr. Garza, how does Cooperstown sound to you???

Work is just work, with all its corresponding joys and annoyances. Not much to say there.

I have a new crush on someone that's been developing for quite a while--before I even realized it, I think. It's not exactly a crush, though. I think it may be more serious than that. I'm too afraid that I'll screw up a friendship if I told him though, so I don't know what's going to happen about him, if anything at all. You'll probably be hearing about him again, no doubt. (Really, I thought I was too old for all this teenagery stuff........sigh).

It's been a rough summer. Looking forward to autumn, and hoping it's going to be a good time of my life. Things always look better to me in the autumn. Something about cool breezes, colorful rustling leaves, Halloween, and jacket weather really improves my outlook on the world.

1 comment:

Corey said...

It takes time to through this. Good to see you back blogging again.